Ivey Mechanical Company, LLC
Ivey’s was building a quality reputation, which later served as the key value that led to progress and expansion.
Ivey’s Plumbing and Electrical Company was founded in 1947 by Mr. Kermit Ivey in Kosciusko, Mississippi. The small repair shop focused on residential and small commercial construction. The company continued on a steady growth pattern with annual sales that approached a half-million dollars by 1958.
It was in this year that the founder’s son, Marlin, joined the partnership with his father. The partnership was based upon an agreement to shift the marketing focus from residential to commercial projects.
The first major commercial job the company acquired was the electrical contract for the new East and West Side Elementary Schools in Kosciusko. During the sixties, the company was a major player in mechanical construction throughout the state of Mississippi. Ivey’s participated in numerous major projects, including the Twin Towers construction on the campus of the University of Mississippi at Oxford in 1968. Ivey’s was building a quality reputation, which later served as the key value that led to progress and expansion.
In 1990, J. Marlin Ivey stepped down as Board Chairman and his son, Joe Ivey, took over controls of what had become one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. The daily operations were managed by President Larry Terrell.
The name of the company was changed to Ivey Mechanical Company, Inc. to facilitate the change in management and ownership. During the nineties, the company grew in revenue from $50 million to over $140 million. With the late nineties came a wave of consolidations within the industry. Ivey Mechanical Company briefly became part of this movement in 1998 before acquiring itself back in early 2003.