Custom Extrusion, Inc.
For best performance and speed, this page is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4
Custom Extrusion, Inc. was started in 1957 in Sheffield, Massachusetts. The location in the rural, western part of the Commonwealth offered a high quality of life for employees, while the proximity to G.E. Plastics, in Pittsfield, MA, helped assure access to technical advances in the industry. Harold R. "Smokey" Stover, one of the original corporators, was the company's first president.
In the late 50s and early 60s, one of the major markets for plastic extrusions was lighting fixtures. From the beginning, Custom Extrusion, Inc. was considered a supplier who could solve problems, and keep a secret.
The company expanded into other markets and learned how to manufacture a variety of thermoplastic resins. In 1993, Custom Extrusion, Inc. built a satellite manufacturing facility in Asheboro, North Carolina, to meet the growing needs of its diverse customers.
With combined facilities, Custom Extrusion, Inc. serves customers in thirty two states and four countries. We continue to grow while More... remaining committed to the principles that shaped the company from the beginning: customer service through technological innovation and constant product improvement. Less